Welcome to our early holiday edition of PetProductDelivery.com News! Our feature stories are about 1) Gift Certificates, 2) Grooming @ DayCare, 3) Facts about pet vaccinations, 4) Meet the Breed: The Pug, and 5) Relax My Cat! Here we go!!!!
1) If you're like me, you may find it astonishing how much earlier each year shopping centers put up their Christmas decorations. Driving home last week every shopping center in my neighborhood already had their Christmas trees and wreaths visible from the road...and it wasn't even Halloween! Personally, I love giving gifts, but I hate shopping in malls and strip centers where the holidays are reduced to a cliche. So, skip the shopping centers and give the pet lover in your life a personalized PPD Gift Certificate. Any pet's photo can be added right to the front on the Gift Certificate for any dollar amount you choose. Best of all the Gift Certificate is good toward these PPD products and services: In-Home Grooming, Holistic Health Products for Pets, Learn 2 Groom and Small Animal Pet Sitting. Make your life easier and the holidays merrier, skip the mall and order your PPD Gift Certificate today! Here's the link with options and info:
2) Our Grooming @ Day Care program has been a big hit. If you LOVE the one-on-one attention your pet receives during In-Home Grooming, but don't like hair in your home or waiting for the groomer (that's me) to arrive or you don't have a sink big enough for your family pet, make arrangements to drop your doggie off. To find out more, click here:
3) Over the years, I have seen some senior pets with major health problems go to the vet and come back with vaccinations, but no health exam. The perception is that the vaccines are more important and when a pet parent is on a tight budget the vaccinations alone are so expensive, that the health exam gets skipped. You might want to reconsider that strategy and opt for titer testing for your mature pet. When I moved to Chicago back in 2000, I was amazed @ how veterinarians had a much different outlook about vaccines than we do here in Texas. Titer testing was very common in Illinois. Since returning to Texas in 2008, I have not found a vet that has ever suggested titer testing. Isn't that interesting? Here are a couple of videos with some very interesting facts about vaccinations and your family pet:
A veterinarian discusses the truth about vaccines:
Vaccinating Dogs: What Your Vet Hasn't Told You:
4) If you are a parent or someone considering starting a family and bringing a new dog into the home, you may want to consider a Pug. There simply is no sweeter dog w/ little children. They were bred to love and be loved and nothing else. So, let's Meet the Breed: The Pug!
AKC Standard for the Pug:
And, if you do decide that the Pug is the right dog for you, there are plenty out there that need adoption. Just ask the volunteers @ PugHearts Houston Pug Rescue.
5) Are you working hard, stressing out with no time for yourself? Is your cat stressed out, too? Do yourself a favor. Kick back, cuddle your favorite kitty and listen to...
Relax My Cat Music
If there are features in this newsletter that you especially enjoy or some ideas that you have for future articles, let me know. I would LOVE to hear from you.
Have a Great Evening Everyone!